Operating Information for your safety
and extended UPS life
- DO NOT lay the UPS on its side or upside down as this may cause damage or personal injury.
Most UPS systems use sealed lead-acid, maintenance free, rechargeable batteries.
These batteries can only be used in a standing upright position.
- Avoid operating a UPS system if it has been dropped or damaged in any way.
- Keep your UPS dry – do not expose UPS equipment to rain, snow or liquids of any type.
These power back up systems are designed for indoor installations only.
- Connecting a load greater than UPS specified wattage.
This will overload your unit causing damage and possible personal injury.
- Dismantling a UPS supplied by PoweBackUPS – Is not advised!
UPS contains no user-serviceable parts.
Contact an authorized service centre or call a UPS service technician, when service or repair is required.
- Avoid obstructing the ventilation openings.
To ensure adequate cooling, of UPS component, the internal fan like your PC runs continuously.
In cases where the fan may be disturbing it is recommend that the UPS be located in a separate, well vented room or garage.
- Battery cables leading into the battery enclosure are Live!
Avoid touching cables under any circumstances – In doing so may cause damage and/or injury.
- Sharing your UPS extension cable with other equipment will cause UPS overloading and damage – voiding the warranty.
UPS units are plug and play using a separate 15 Amp wall plug.
Following appliances are Not recommended for Inverter Installations:
- 4-in-1 Laser Jet printer/copier/scanner approx 450 Watts
- Fish tank pump + heater etc. +700 Watts
- Fridge/Freezer 400-1000 Watts (Not recommended)
- Kettle 1200 Watts (Not recommended)
- Air conditioner 3500+watt (Not recommended)
- AC motors, compressors or heating elements
- Fluorescent lighting
- Koi pond pumps
- Hair dryers
- Microwave ovens
- Electric fencing
The above mentioned loads will damage the UPS and such damage is not covered by the warranty –
Should battery backup power be required for any such loads a different range of products will be quoted on.
For a quick power, reference see our basic configuration for UPS size.
We thank you for considering these safety factors during the operation of your UPS.
Properly used products will give many years of reliable service!